Therapist - Inpatient BHU - PRN - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Inpatient Behavioral Health Therapist
Conducts individual and group therapy while maintaining a caseload. Responsible to work positively with the hospital team from patient admission to discharge. Responsbile for maintaining up to date records on the patient. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Demonstrates support of the
- Ability to perform psychological assessments, diagnose and treat various mental, emotional and behavioral health disorders
- Develop a treatment plan with input from the patient, patient family/significant others, physicians , therapists and other members of the treatment team.
- Setting client goals and discussing treatment plan
- Assisting clients through difficult life changes and challenges
- Educating client on strategies and coping skills
- Referring clients to resources like psychiatrists, treatment facilities, or community services
- Assessing client needs, and developing strategies to help client
- Maintaining good working relationships with support networks, government resources, and community resources
- Helping clients with a variety of issues such as substance abuse, bullying, trauma, anger management, depression, relationships, stress and suicide
- Comply with federal, state, local, and clinical program/facility standards
- Current state licensure (LCSW , CSW, ACMHC, CMHC)”, must hold a master’s degree in social work, clinical mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy or a related mental health field from an accredited university/college
- Experience in all aspects of social service, with an emphasis in psychiatric work.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Must complete I-LIFT safety training within 90 days of employment
- CPI Certification obtained within 90 days of employment
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Therapist experience is preferred
- Basic computer knowledge preferred
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, colleagues, and community resources
- Compassionate and caring of clients
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple clients
- Great clinical documentation skills and timeliness related to documentation
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Hospital – West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.