RN - Psych Nurse Float Pool *Premium Pay! - Utah Market
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards of evidence based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome
Units Covered in this Float Pool
Behavioral Health, and Med/Surg, and may float to other departments when necessary.
This position requires employees to be available to work shifts at Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and Davis Hospital and Medical Center, but may occasionally float to Mountain Point Medical Center and Jordan Valley Medical Center.
- Must have current Utah State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Must have at least one year RN experience in Behavioral Health and/Or Med/Surg.
- Must be willing to work all Utah hospitals (mileage paid).
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Medical Center, Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Mountain Point Medical Center, Davis Hospital, and Salt Lake Regional are directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.