Plant Operations Office Coordinator - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Plant Operations Service Coordinator
The Service Coordinator provides administrative support to the Director of Plant Operations. Procures materials and equipment for use by the Plant Operations Department. Maintains files pertaining to the operations of the Medical Center for use by Plant Operations Department. The Service Coordinator also maintains all clerical duties for the department; receives mail, answers telephones, and prepares reports from data obtained from multiple sources. Maintains department records, requisitions, supplies, equipment, and services as directed in order to promote an efficient office. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Uses advanced secretarial skills, knowledge of office procedures and independent judgment to design, prepare, and format technical reports; gather and summarize data.
- Has a good working knowledge of various PC spreadsheet applications. Greets visitors, schedules appointments, answers telephone, creates departmental letters, memos, minutes, and other documents.
- Coordinates repairs on all hospital equipment. Purchases materials and parts as necessary for repairs and upgrades to Plant Operations and other hospital equipment. Monitors equipment and repair costs, evaluates invoices and prepares check requests for prompt payments to vendors; obtains purchase orders.
- Resolves vendor invoice discrepancies on all invoices related to service contract, parts orders, and outside service repairs.
- Prioritizes and generates daily work orders for Engineering and Bio-Med Staff. Tracks and logs all preventative maintenance documentation per DNV standards. Develops work orders for all outside vendors relating to repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Prepares departmental payroll reports and maintains personnel records on departmental employees, including vacation, holiday, sick leave, in-service education, etc. Maintains all department records in an organized and secure manner to ensure expeditious retrieval of information.
- Effectively communicates with director, staff, patients, visitors, and other health team members.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the Department and other departments.
- Assists with the resolution of problems while supporting the department team.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of previous similar experience or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after a training program.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
- Excellent typing (minimum of 55 wpm) with knowledge of various software applications.
- Position is classified as OSHA Category III, where regular job duties do not present a risk for exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled