Maintenance Mechanic - Full Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Performs a wide variety of duties in and around the buildings of the facility; maintains the safe and continuous delivery of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning; repairs and maintains machinery and other equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served.
- High school education or equivalent required. Vocational or Trade School background preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in building maintenance for a large plant required, or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program.
- Must have knowledge of boiler codes and safety regulations for all assigned equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electro/mechanical control operations, adjustments, and repairs. HVAC experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.