Groundskeeper/General Maintenance - Full Time - JVW
The Groundskeeper performs landscaping tasks using power equipment and hand tools to maintain the facility’s grounds.
- Mows lawns, trims weeds, and rakes leaves as assigned.
- Picks up and removes trash prior to mowing a designated area.
- Empties trash and recycling containers.
- Trims bushes, shrubs, and hedges.
- Prepares soil and plants flowers, bushes, hedges, or shrubs.
- Plants trees and prunes them when necessary.
- Cuts and removes trees as needed.
- Applies fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides as directed.
- Completes snow removal tasks such as shoveling sidewalks, steps, and doorways as needed during winter months.
- Operates snowblower or snowplow to clear roads, driveways, and parking lots.
- Performs routine maintenance on power equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawnmowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, and other landscaping equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools required for landscaping.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of landscaping techniques and processes.
- Excellent time management skills.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience preferred.
On-the-job training offered.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled