Director Emergency Services - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Director of Emergency Services
The Director of Emergency Services is responsible for planning, organizing, and influencing department activities and the delivery of patient care. The Director must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on his or her assigned units. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers. The Director maintains operations within budgetary parameters. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, physicians, and other health team members while maintaining professional nursing standards. Ensures that care is of the best quality, is cost contained, and is carried out in an expeditious manner. Manages staff members in the Emergency Department. Consults with staff, physicians and Chief Clinical Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains and participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Utah State RN license, BSN, or Masters preferred.
- Must have ACLS Certification.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Must have at least 5 years clinical nursing experience. 5 years experience in the management of operations and budgets preferred, or the ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency after successful completion of a training program.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Mountain Point Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.