Crisis Worker - Full Time - JVW Hospital
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
The Crisis Worker provides assessments, interventions, and discharge planning/placements according to the patient's individual needs.The Crisis Worker must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed. The individual must be able to respect diversity of the individual's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of the clients and the client's support system. Collaborates and communicates effectively with clients, families, medical providers, nursing staff, and community resources. Maintains and participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related mental health field.
- Experience in Mental Health and Chemical Dependency field preferred.
- Active License CSW, CSW-I, LCSW, ACHMC, CHMC in the State of Utah (or eligibility to obtain license in Utah)
- BLS certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Jordan Valley Medical Center - West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.