Cook - PRN - *JVW
Come work with us atJordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a communitybased hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees,to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork thatallows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has beenserving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busyfull-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services andadvanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As thearea has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding itsservices, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, SurgicalServices, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergencydepartments in the state.
Whether you want to workwith patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field likemaintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even foodproduction, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
- A customer-focused cook prepares quality meals for patients, employees, and visitors in keeping with established menus, special diets, and standardized recipes.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service to the age of the patients served throughout the hospital.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts including non cooking as needed.
- Food handlers permit.
- Previous experience as a cook
- Must have a knowledge of preparation of regular and special diets
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous grill/line cook experience
- Large quantity kitchen experience preferred
- Additional languages are beneficial.